Delis in America tend to be a cross between fast-food joints and small grocery stores, offering made-to-order sandwiches, salads, cold cuts and cheeses (by weight), and some hot food.
They are different from the European counterparts, which tend to be more like gourmet food stores.
The delis in America vary depending on the ethnicity of the population.
Typically, they are Jewish delis here, but not always;
some sell ham in the southeast, for instance, while others serve up Vietnamese bành mi in the northwest.
1. Greenblatt’s Deli-Restaurant and Fine Wine Shop, Los Angeles, California
One of the best delis in America happens to be on the famous Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood!
Greenblatt’s is an old deli by American standards dating back to 1926, although management has changed hands since.
What’s unique about this deli is their 24-hour temperature-controlled underground wine cellar.
I don’t naturally think of pairing my sandwich with a glass of stellar wine, but hey, why not?
Have them pour you a glass from their Cruvinet (wine on tap) system to go with your triple-decker club sandwich!
This deli is located at 8017 Sunset Boulevard and is open daily until 2am.
- 9 of America's Best Casual Restaurants ...
- 11 Fittest Cities in America That Will Inspire You to Work out ...
- 🍹These Are the Best Juice Bars in America 🍹 ...
- Are These America's Most Charming Little Beach Towns?
- 7 out of This World Natural Pools 🌊 Every Traveller Must Dive into 🏊🏻 ...
- 10 Websites 💻 That'll Help You 👏🏼 Find the Cheapest 💰 Plane Tickets 🛩 ...