We all deserve a vacation but planning a vacation can be hard. Whether you are a senior citizen or just a family on a tight budget, it can be even harder but don’t despair. There are many money saving opportunities for everyone including seniors whether you are visiting our nations National Parks or renting a car.
Here are some tips to help you get the biggest savings when you take a vacation.
1. Your AARP Card Can save You Money on Car Rentals, Too. Avis Offers AARP Members a 30 Percent Savings. This Will Get You about $90 off of a $300 Rental
2. If You like to Travel on Amtrak and You Are over 65, You Can Get a 10 Percent Discount when You Travel on Trains. a round Trip Ticket from New York to Chicago Will Cost You $22 Less. This Senior Discount Won’t Be Combined with Any Other Discounts
3. Don’t Get the Insurance when Renting a Car. You Should Already Have Enough Coverage with Your Own Insurance. You Can save about $40 a Day
4. Purchase an America the Beautiful Senior Pass: if You Are 62 or Older, You Can Buy a $20 Senior Pass and Take a Carload of People to See over 2,000 National Parks Every Year. This Saves You about $60 on a Normal Pass
5. Check out Different Dates: Changing Your Arrival or Departure Date by Just One Day Could save You a Huge Amount of Money. Search Engines like Matrix.itasoftware.com Will Show You Options at a Lower Price. a round-trip Ticket from New York to Los Angeles Might Be about $81 Cheaper if You Can Leave a Day Sooner
6. Look into Airline Consolidators: These Companies Buy Tickets in Bulk. They then Sell Them to You at Considerable Discounts. a round Trip Flight from Boston to London Was Only $419 through AirlineConsolidator.com Instead of Being $546 through Aer Lingus. This Will save You about $127
7. Blind-book Hotels: if You Want to Trust a Company to Find You the Cheapest Hotel, Tell Hotwire.com Where You Want to Stay, How Many Stars, and What Amenities You Would like, and You Might save about 60 Percent on Your Booking. Hotwire Will Choose Your Hotel for You. You Could save $120 on a $200 Hotel Room
8. Stay in a College Dorm: Many Colleges Overseas Will Rent Dorm Rooms during the Summer Months. if Traveling to Perugia, Italy Staying at Casa Monteripido Will Cost You $260 Instead of Paying $430 to Stay at the Primavera Mini Hotel. This Saves You about $170. Check out the Website UniversityRooms.com
9. Ski Cheaper: Websites like MountainCollective.com or EpicPass.com Can save You Large Amounts if You Choose More than One Pass. IkonPass.com Will Cost You $699 to Ski for Eight Days at Any of Its 26 Destinations. You Will save $175 This Way against Buying Your Tickets at the Window
10. Vacation on a Farm: if You Would like to Learn about Organic Farming, and Want to Travel Overseas, You Can Volunteer to Work at World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. Your Room and Food Will Be Free. You Can save $1,500 by Not Staying at a Hotel and Eating at Restaurants
11. Don’t Fly, Drive: if Your Vacation Destination is under 500 Miles Away, Drive It Don’t Fly. Just Four Tickets Going from Washington, D.C. to Cincinnati for a Week Will Cost You around $315 per Ticket. if You Drove It, Gas Would Only Be about $70. This Alone Will save You $1,190. You Have Your Luggage with You so No Chance of Your Luggage Getting Lost