Provence is one of the most gorgeous regions of the world. Say Provence and immediately you think of terracotta villages, olives, perfume and beaches. Provence has been the muse for artists and writers for centuries. Let's go on a virtual tour of Provence to see why.
Table of contents:
- smell the lavender fields
- see how the people of provence live
- explore the natural wonders
- wonder the streets find artisan shops, restaurants and galleries
- explore the "le vallon des auffes" district
- get deep down in the verdon river gorge
- get lost in the cobbled alleyways
- take in the heady aroma of flowers
- take a boat trip
- admire the stunning views
- walk in the footsteps of romans
- admire the old stone buildings and pathways
- go wine tasting
- bask in the peace and quiet
- go urban sightseeing
- climb up to see the sights
- soak up the olde worlde atmosphere
- shop for cheese
- follow in the footsteps of the 7 popes
- walk down to the sea
- find some spirituality
- drop in for lunch in a typical provencal bistro
- understand what attracted great painters to arles
- buy fish for bouillabaisse
- and pick up the produce you need at the market
- find your artistic muse
- have a olfactory sense overload
- take a dip in the crystal blue sea
- buy traditional provencal bread for a picnic
- see the workers drying petals for perfume
- hear the monks chanting
- smile at the sunflowers
- find a photo op
- shop for souvenirs
- buy some delicious wine i
- get a taste of the french riviera
- never get bored of the watercolor views
- find some shade in a courtyard
- hunt for antiques
- find your way around the ruins of a medieval castle
- cross the bridge
- be a bookworm
- go on a canal cruise
- trek into the hills
- learn that there's no such thing as an ugly french village
- wiggle your toes in the sand
1 Smell the Lavender Fields
Via Fascinating Places Never to be ...
2 See How the People of Provence Live
Via A farmhouse in Provence
3 Explore the Natural Wonders
Via Provence: The secret Côte d'Azur
This is Calanque National Park.
4 Wonder the Streets Find Artisan Shops, Restaurants and Galleries
Via Provence toujours
Old villages like Eze will thrill you.
5 Explore the "Le Vallon Des Auffes" District
Via Les Auffes 1
The district is part of Marseille.
6 Get Deep down in the Verdon River Gorge
Via St Croix Lake, Les Gorges ...
7 Get Lost in the Cobbled Alleyways
Via Villefranche Alleyway
The winding streets of Nice
8 Take in the Heady Aroma of Flowers
Via Flower Cottage - Antibes (Provence), ...
9 Take a Boat Trip
10 Admire the Stunning Views
Via [explored] Cap Roux
11 Walk in the Footsteps of Romans
Via Pont du Gard
The Pont du Gard Aqueduct at Nîmes
12 Admire the Old Stone Buildings and Pathways
Via The Most Beautiful Villages in ...
The village of Seguret.
13 Go Wine Tasting
Via Blue Pueblo, Autumn Vineyard, Provence, ...
14 Bask in the Peace and Quiet
15 Go Urban Sightseeing
Via Aix en Provence...
16 Climb up to See the Sights
The medieval town of Gordes
17 Soak up the Olde Worlde Atmosphere
Via Petite ruelle de Bormes-les-Mimosas
18 Shop for Cheese
Rognes Truffle Market
19 Follow in the Footsteps of the 7 Popes
Via Avignon, France - Best City ...
The Avignon Papacy was the period from 1309 to 1377, during which seven successive popes resided in Avignon
20 Walk down to the Sea
Via Seaside Town Of Villefranche Sur ...
21 Find Some Spirituality
Via Menton, South of France
Basilica of Saint-Michel-Archange, Menton
22 Drop in for Lunch in a Typical Provencal Bistro
Via Favorite Places & Spaces
23 Understand What Attracted Great Painters to Arles
Via Street of Arles, France
Vincent Van Gogh and Paul Gauguin shared a little yellow house in Arles.
24 Buy Fish for Bouillabaisse
Via RoutePerfect - Plan a trip ...
Marseille's old harbor.
25 And Pick up the Produce You Need at the Market
Via Market Day in Aix-en-Provence ~ ...
26 Find Your Artistic Muse
Via Passage polychrome
27 Have a Olfactory Sense Overload
Via The French Riviera: perfume capital ...
The International Perfume Museum at Grasse.
28 Take a Dip in the Crystal Blue Sea
Via Great Day Trip from Marseille: ...
The beach at Cassis.
29 Buy Traditional Provencal Bread for a Picnic
Via Altered Alchemy
30 See the Workers Drying Petals for Perfume
The perfumery works are all over Grasse.
31 Hear the Monks Chanting
Via AD100 Architects and Designers' Most ...
The monks sing as they work the lavender fields of the Abbaye de Notre-Dame-de-Sénanque
32 Smile at the Sunflowers
Via St.Maxime France...sunflower field
The fields at Ste. Maxime make a nice change to all the lavender.
33 Find a Photo Op
Via Saint Paul View by Inge ...
Ste. Paul de Vence
34 Shop for Souvenirs
Via Luxury Vacation Ideas, World Travel ...
35 Buy Some Delicious Wine I
Via Caveau-L'Isle Sur la Sorgue-(Provence), France
36 Get a Taste of the French Riviera
Via Cruise Ships At St.tropez by ...
37 Never Get Bored of the Watercolor Views
38 Find Some Shade in a Courtyard
Via Blue Pueblo
39 Hunt for Antiques
Via Bonnieux Antique Shop
40 Find Your Way around the Ruins of a Medieval Castle
Via French Class
The mountains of Les Baux de Provence.
41 Cross the Bridge
Via Town Of Sisteron In Provence ...
The town of Sisteron.
42 Be a Bookworm
Via The Writer
The amazing library of Aix-en-Provence.
43 Go on a Canal Cruise
Via Canal View Provence France by ...
44 Trek into the Hills
Via Mountain Village in Rougon, France: ...
45 Learn That There's No Such Thing as an Ugly French Village
Via Blue Pueblo
46 Wiggle Your Toes in the Sand
Via Randonner en Provence
Please rate this article