I didn't realize what a luxury vacations are until I became an adult.
As a kid, I took it for granted that my parents and I would spend a week somewhere fun every single summer.
Heather and I have taken maybe three vacations in ten years together, plus our honeymoon.
Because we rarely have the money to go where we want to go.
That's lame, right?
But vacations are a luxury.
The thing is, though, everyone needs time off.
Seriously, for your mental health, you need to take time off work.
So if you, too, have trouble saving for vacations, try these tips.
1. Put Your Cash in a Jar
I know this sounds silly, but it works.
Heather and I have an Adventure Jar right now.
In addition to adding loose cash and spare change, we also put in money when we argue or get bitchy with each other.
Which we're doing way less since we now have to pay penalties.
- Take Your Next Vacation at One of These Tiny Hotels ...
- 7 Easy Ways to save Money when Eating Healthier ...
- 7 Ways to save Money when Renovating Your Home ...
- 7 Fun Things to do before Your Next Vacation ...
- 9 Unique Accommodation Ideas for Your Next Vacation ...
- 7 Offbeat Hotels 🏨 Quirky Girls Should Book into Now ...